Set up your new devices
If you are unsure about setting up a computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone or any other device you are not familiar with, we can come to you to ease the burden and guide you through the process. We will ensure that you are learning how to use the device, whilst setting it up correctly, and in a way that makes sense to you.
Transfer files from old device to new one
We can transfer all your files from your old device to your new one. Set up your programs, bring over your Internet bookmarks, or anything else you may require to get everything working the way you are used to.
Perhaps you have a desktop computer, laptop, and smartphone at home and you want to sync them together so that you can access emails, files and calendars on all of your devices. Our Geeks take away the headaches involved with this and do it all for you.
The importance of Internet security on your device
Internet security is so important to fighting off any pesky viruses and keeping the information on your new gadgets safe. We can advise and provide you with the most up to date Internet security solutions.
Internet security isn’t just about virus protection, it’s also about ensuring you have password or passcode protection across all your devices. Or even childproofing with passwords for content you’d prefer they wouldn’t see on the web or your Smart TV.
Training and tips for using your new gadget or computer
Our highly trained Geeks can provide education and training to familiarise you with your new gadgets. Sometimes a new computer will have features or software settings you are not used to. We can walk you through your new system at your pace to ensure you are completely comfortable with the new technology. We also provide training with software applications such as Microsoft Office, Internet and email applications.
Geeks on Wheels can help you setup your Smart TV, connect it to the Internet, and show you how to use it. The beauty of Smart TVs is that they can interact with other devices in your home to share photos, movies, music and other content. We’ll set it all up and show you how to make it work for your home or office. We can also connect up your gaming devices and make it easy to switch between TV gaming and TV programmes.
We provide these services for setting up your new gadgets:
- We come to your home or business at a time that is convenient for you
- New device sales; including new PC systems and custom PCs built by our Geeks
- Physically set up your PC, Apple Mac, or any smart devices
- Provide training to familiarise you with your new device
- Transfer programs, applications, files, emails, Internet bookmarks from your old device to your new one
- Syncing your email and calendar across multiple devices
- Advise and provide security options for your new device
- Create shortcuts for your favourite or most used programs
- Setup peripheral devices such as a printer or an external hard drive
Cloud Computing – How it works and how it can benefit you in the home or at the office.