Seaview Enterprises Limited Trading as Geeks on Wheels
It is important that we (Seaview Enterprises Trading as Geeks on Wheels) explain to you, our customer, how we gather, use and protect information we collect about you. Trust is an important cornerstone of our relationship with you and we respect and value that trust.
This policy details the how, why and what we do in regards to your information, confidentiality and privacy as required under the terms of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993
We collect information for a variety of reasons but in the main for the purposes of providing you with our products and services. The information we collect will vary dependent on why you contact us and the types of products and services you require from us
Our policy states:
- We will maintain as secret and confidential all information we obtain from you in providing the Services and will not use that information for any reason other than as necessary for the reasons detailed below. This obligation will not apply to information that is in the public domain or that is known to us or obtained by us without breaching any obligation to you or that we are required to disclose by law.
- You authorise us to collect, retain, use and provide to our staff and agents any personal information (“Information”) about you for the purposes detailed below in section 3) below
- What information do we collect? – We collect and store information you provide through our call centre, via email, Geek Hotline service, FREE Chat service, online forms, competitions, digital properties, online surveys, social media and from our website. The information we collect from you include things like:
- Physical Address
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Reviews you give us
- Your bank account and / or credit card details. NOTE we will NOT store your Credit card number and other payment information
In certain situations, we may also collect things like:
- Your responses to surveys
- Information you may give us about other people, such as the name and address of a referral gift recipient, or the name and contact information of someone who can act on your behalf or will pick up items for you at a store. We will only use this information for the specific reason you provide it.
- Your device or browser details, your movements on our website and demographic information about our user base as a whole
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information to
- Fulfil orders and requests for information, products or services
- Process refunds, returns and exchanges
- Track and confirm online orders
- Deliver and install products
- Market and advertise products and services to you via email, telephone marketing, social media, text (SMS) messages and web browser personalised ads
- Conduct research and analysis
- Administer various programs
- Other business purposes including credit approval, meeting our obligations to you, and enforcing our rights against you.
- Identify you on our websites (including the type of device or browser you’re using, your IP address) in order to customize your experience (for example, based on your browsing history or your location)
- Your personal information may be shared with current or future entities or subsidiaries or owners of the business or chosen partners at our discretion.
- In some circumstances, we may share your information with certain third parties to perform services on our behalf
Secure Data Storage
- In accordance with the NZ Privacy Act 2020, if we are involved in recovering or transferring data to and from your personal computer devices, we guarantee we will store an encrypted backup copy of this data at our secure workshops for no more than 30 days after your devices have been returned to you.
- This is purely to serve as a backup of your data in case part of your data was inadvertently missed during the original transfer. As long as the missing data is noticed within 30 days, and we are notified straight away, we will be able to recover it from our backups for you.
- After 30 days all your data will be securely erased from our data storage servers and will be un-recoverable.
- If you would like to opt-out of this 30 day backup please let your technician know. Alternatively, if you would like us to keep it for longer than 30 days, please let your technician know and we can discuss arrangements for this.
Geek Hotline, call centre or FREE Chat Services
- We will keep a record of all contact and communication including details of your devices and equipment.
- All calls through our Call Centre and Geek Hotline service are recorded.
- With your express consent we will keep a record of your passwords unless and until you request otherwise.
- In addition to the limitation and liability provisions contained within any “Limitation of Liability” clause in our Terms and Conditions, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility or liability arising out of the use of any password or passwords provided by you, or for any loss or corruption of data, software or hardware that may arise out of the Services we provide
At any stage you may contact us if you choose to:
- Stop receiving email, direct mail and telephone marketing communications
- Update and correct your personal information
- At any time ask us for a copy of your personal information that we have